Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Coffee is overrated

Making coffee for work is not the highlight of my day. I can't stand the smell. It smells stale and moldy. It gets little brown flecks of stuff everywhere. It's gross. I only make it because I've been asked to - and it's part of my job, and my boss expects me to do it.

I don't like it.

I'm more of a tea person. Earl Grey. Kava kava. Green tea. Nice clean tea in neat little bags, in hot purified water. I prefer tea, because I'm twitchy and erratic enough as it is--especially in the mornings--and I need something to calm me down. I just know that if I were to try coffee, I would tweek out or something. And that would be horribly awkward, and my boss would have to apologize and explain to our clients that I don't handle coffee very well.

And that's never a good enough explanation when you're power-walking around in circles, buzzing like a bee and pretending to talk to George Elliot about the evils of the owning class.

No comments: